The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and McKesson work to keep you informed of the most current industry drug shortages.
There are several reasons the healthcare industry is experiencing Rx shortages. There are an increasing number of government regulations for manufacturers to abide by, and there have been universal shortages on some of the raw materials needed for many drug compounds. The effect has been a nationwide Rx shortage impacting healthcare providers. To help manage these product shortages, McKesson Medical-Surgical continues to source from all manufacturers and provide our Account Managers and Customer Service with information on alternate products when available.
The information below is a compilation from ASHP of the industry-wide Rx shortages. Click on a drug name below to get additional details like reasons for shortages and estimated resupply dates on affected drugs.
If you’d like to speak with Customer Service, please contact 866.McK.ANSWer.
Current Drug Shortage Bulletins
- Aminohippurate SodiumMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Ampicillin SulbactamMon, 13 Oct 2014
- BCG Vaccine Live IntravesicalMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Black Widow Antivenin (Latrodectus Mactans)Mon, 13 Oct 2014
- Butorphanol InjectionMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Calcium Gluconate InjectionMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Cefuroxime Sodium InjectionMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Cidofovir InjectionMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Daunorubicin Hydrochloride InjectionMon, 13 Oct 2014
- Dexrazoxane InjectionMon, 13 Oct 2014