The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and McKesson work to keep you informed of the most current industry drug shortages.
There are several reasons the healthcare industry is experiencing Rx shortages. There are an increasing number of government regulations for manufacturers to abide by, and there have been universal shortages on some of the raw materials needed for many drug compounds. The effect has been a nationwide Rx shortage impacting healthcare providers. To help manage these product shortages, McKesson Medical-Surgical continues to source from all manufacturers and provide our Account Managers and Customer Service with information on alternate products when available.
The information below is a compilation from ASHP of the industry-wide Rx shortages. Click on a drug name below to get additional details like reasons for shortages and estimated resupply dates on affected drugs.
If you’d like to speak with Customer Service, please contact 866.McK.ANSWer.
Current Drug Shortage Bulletins
- Erythromycin Lactobionate InjectionThu, 30 Oct 2014
- Famotidine InjectionThu, 30 Oct 2014
- Atenolol TabletsWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Clonidine InjectionWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Glycopyrrolate InjectionWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Mannitol InjectionWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Methotrexate InjectionWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Nebivolol TabletsWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Ondansetron InjectionWed, 29 Oct 2014
- Potassium Phosphate InjectionWed, 29 Oct 2014